Week 8 Comments and Feedback

1. Feedback in

The feedback that I have gotten so far is for the most part useful. I really enjoy reading all of them to see everyone's opinions of my stories and what they think of the quality of my writing. I've found that the comments left on my blog are usually short and positive, with a few suggestions here and there, while the comments on my comment wall are more in-depth and provide a more critical opinion of my stories and what I can do to make them better. These are the comments that I take more into consideration when revising my stories on my portfolio.

2. Feedback out

While I've found that I appreciate the constructive criticism and suggestions on my comment wall more than I initially expected, I definitely think that I could improve in this aspect of feedback. I try hard to be specific about parts of the story that I liked or had questions about, but I think I don't express things that raise concerns or I don't specifically like as well. However, I feel like I am an easy person to please and have to look hard for things to improve on-- I've found that I really enjoy most of the stories that I read

3. Blog Comments

I was actually thinking about this last week while I was doing blog comments, so I went back and read my introduction (kind of expecting to want to change it), but I like how my introduction presents me and how I am as a person. I feel if I needed to and if other people felt like I could expand more, I could talk about more things other than the two that I discuss. I also really enjoy reading other people's introductions and then following up with reading a story, because I get a sense of their personality and can see that in their writing.

4. Looking Forward

I think overall I am pretty happy with the quality of comments I am giving and receiving. There is definitely room for improvement, but then again there always is. I am for sure going to work on being more constructive, maybe more so on people's projects because there is so much emphasis on the revision process.



I chose this sketch note as my image because I think that listening and providing constructive criticism is important. I also have found it more useful than I was initially expecting and it is something that I need to improve on giving.

Comments

Popular Posts