Week 4 Story: Ron and Tammy

There is an updated version of this story on my Portfolio!



Ron and Tammy decieded to spend their 10th anniversary in India. They had spent their anniversary in many different places in the Caribbean and South America; there was nothing more they loved more than a beautiful beach to relax on and a jungle or mountains to explore through. However, they had never been on a plane ride for more than a few hours, and India was just about on the other side of the world. They spent months planning and preparing, and when the day to leave finally came, they could hardly believe it.

Upon landing in Delhi, they found a tuktuk and headed to their hotel. The jet lag was setting in really hard, so they decided to take a nap before heading out for the day.

When Ron woke up, Tammy was not in the bed next to him. He figured he had overslept and she headed down to the pool, but he couldn't find her anywhere. He called her at least ten times and texted her at least twenty, but she wasn't responding. He ran frantically around the hotel looking for her, asking all the staff and guests if they had seen her, but no one could give him any information.

Ron left the hotel and found a man driving a tuktuk and told him about what was happening, tears rolling down his face. Saleem agreed to drive Ron around the city to look for her, because he had a family and would be devastated if his wife had disappeared.

After driving around and scouring almost every inch of Delhi, the two men spotted a palace on the top of a hill. Ron wondered if there was a chance Tammy would be there. Saleem stopped the tuktuk and told Ron to wait, because the prince would be more trusting towards someone he knew. Ron reluctantly agreed, and Saleem headed up the hill towards the palace.

Upon entering the palace, he found that there were guards everywhere. Saleem had been to this palace many times but had never seen this many guards before, so he grew suspicious. He walked through many of the rooms and discovered many of them empty. He didn't want to risk going into the prince's room, but also didn't want to return to Ron empty handed, so decided to take a quick peek. He slowly creaked open the door, only to find the Prince and his wife, Princess Jasmine, asleep. He was relieved he didn't have to talk to them, but grew doubtful he would be able to find Tammy.

Despite his doubt, he decided to look around a little more. He wandered to the back garden, not expecting to find anything, but he saw three guards at the entrance of the garden. There were never guards for the garden specifically, so he took the back trail to the big banyan tree on the outskirts of the garden. Knowing better than to make himself visible, he crawled up the trunk into the lush branches of the tree to get a better look. When he got to a good spot, he noticed that there was an American women sitting on a bench near the pond, and gasped with relief. He had found Tammy.


Author's note: This story was initially a combination of a series of stories from the Ramayana, about Sita being captured by Ravana and Hanuman going to look through Lanka for her. I summarized the overall plot and changed it to a modern day setting with Ron and Tammy, characters from Parks and Recreation. The name Saleem came from the name of a man who actually drove me around on a tuktuk when I was in India.

Bibliography: PDE Epics, Ramayana Online: 47-55
Rama and Sita: Wikicommons

Comments

  1. Hi Hannah! I love your usage of Parks and Rec characters! I wish however that they carried the characteristics of their Pawnee counterparts. I loved the story, however I wish the ending was a little more drawn out. Like the searching is highly explained and many people are introduced, but when he actually finds Tammy, there's nothing. I did appreciate the imagery and the depth of information about their travels, I just wish I knew more about how he found her and what happened/how he actually gets her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah~
    I really liked the background details. It made the scenery I pictured in my mind look good. I don't know if the ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger but I definitely want to know what happens next. What is Saleem going to do now that he has found Tammy? As a side note, the banyan tree is actually a story I am putting in my storybook so I was pretty excited to see it make an appearance here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah,

    I just want to say your title really drew me in because I love Parks and Recs so I immediately had to click on your story and read! I love the image you used! It is quite colorful and captivating. I like the amount of detail you put into your story! It really conveys to the reader exactly what you want. Overall, Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts