Topic Research: Holidays and Celebrations

Since the last project assignment, I have done a lot of research on my different ideas I had for my project. I could see myself doing all of them, but I think the one that I will enjoy the most is Holidays and Celebrations. There are tons of Hindu holidays that have interesting stories that go into them, so I think that telling the story of a handful of them would be really fun. 

Holi in 2014-- Source: Flickr


1. Holi

One holiday that has always been interesting to me is Holi. I've always wanted to go to India for Holi (it's actually one of my bucket list items), but researching and finding out that the story behind Holi is just interesting as the actual celebration was super exciting to me. I think one way to make the story interesting is keeping the same plot, but changing the perspective.

2. Vasant Panchami

I think it would be really cool to include Vasant Panchami because the celebration is entirely different from Holi. It celebrates a single deity, Saraswati, with emphasis on the color yellow. However, I also think it would be cool to include because not only does it mark the beginning of spring, it marks the beginning of preparation for Holi. If I were to do either a storybook or a portfolio, I would definitely write about Vasant Panchami, and then follow up with the story of Holi, and maybe connect the stories somehow.

3. Rama Navami

I picked this holiday because it has an abundant amount of historical significance and present significance. The celebration for Rama Navami is lengthy but huge, and I think it would be cool to be able to come up with a unique story for it.


Comments

Popular Posts