Topic Brainstorm

After looking through different ideas of topics and researching each of them, I have narrowed down the topics to the ones I think I would enjoy digging into a little bit more and making my project about.

1.  Gods and Goddesses

Gods and Goddesses play a key role in Indian culture and religion, as Hinduism and Buddhism among two of the most practiced religions in the country. I think that Hinduism is very interesting because it is polytheistic and each of the different gods symbolize different things and have different stories. I think it would be very interesting to look into the differences between Hindu deities and Greek and Roman gods and goddesses. Source:

2. Yoga

I love yoga and the concept of it. I have practiced yoga many times before, and try to incorporate it into my weekly schedule. In a class I have previously taken, we briefly discussed that yoga originated in northern India and are even discussed in the Vedas. For this reason I think it would be very interesting to gain a deeper understanding of the practice. Source:

3. Holidays/ Celebrations

Holidays, festivals, and special occasions in India are notoriously known for going above and beyond. I have a friend whose family is from India and she loves weddings and other celebrations because they are always so fun. I would love to research more about the different holidays and celebrations, what goes into each of them, and the impact they have on other parts of the culture such as religion and stories. Source:

4. Love Stories

I picked this as one of my topics because no matter the language, country, or culture, love stories are prominent. Everyone is a sucker for a good romance whether they want to admit to it or not, and India is no exception. I think that looking into Indian love stories and how they differ from American love stories would be very intriguing. I also think it would be cool to read Arabian nights and dig into the differences between it and Aladdin would be very interesting, and then maybe finding similar stories to compare and contrast would also be very cool. Source:


Comments

Popular Posts