Storybook Favorites

I could have read all of these storybooks if I had the time, each and every one that I read I found interesting, especially the ways in which many were intertwined with modern day stories that we are familiar with today. It was so hard for me to choose, but here are some that stuck out to me.

open book, source: Pexels

1. gossip girl Ayodhya

I found this storybook particularly interesting because I was obsessed with gossip girl when it was on TV. Because I am so familiar with the TV show and common dialogue associated with the show, it was very interesting to see the similarities between the two as well as seeing how they compare. The factor that made it even more interesting was the fact that the storybook was a blog, and gossip girl was a blog as well, so it was easy to get a sense of the voice of the storybook.

2.  Aladdin's Adventures


Similarly to gossip girl, I loved the movie Aladdin when I was growing up. It was one that we owned on VHS and no matter how many times I watched it, it never got old. The layout for Aladdin's Adventures is extremely easy to navigate and flows well with the story as it progresses. The introduction also does an incredible job explaining the original story, Arabian Nights, and then explaining how the movie relates to Arabian Nights, and how the story changes in Aladdin's Adventures. 

3. Double Trouble


Unlike the first two storybooks, I was not drawn to Double Trouble by the familiarity of the name of the title. I liked this storybook because the Navigation was very easy and straightforward, and the design of the page made it easy to recognize the importance of specific parts. The introduction fully explained the origins of the storybook and provided the reader with all of the background information needed to be able to read the rest of the storybook.

Comments

Popular Posts