Reading Notes: Ramayana Part A

The story I found the most interesting and I think will be fun to retell is the story of how Rama and Sita fell in love. I loved all of the descriptions of the environment and the plot leading up to what happened, which gives the reader a picture to paint in their head of what exactly is going on and what is happening around them. I was also drawn to it because it seems somewhat relatable; the fact that Rama and Sita see each other from a distance in a public place and catch each other's eye is a plot you see in many movies and TV shows, and I feel like it actually happens in real life too.

To retell this story, I think I'll start out simple and keep the plot and characters the same to make sure I have the story right, and then go back and edit and make twists. I think it would be cool to keep most of the elements the same but make it modern, which would require a little bit of tweaking to the story. I think it would be cool to keep the characters in a market, where it's busy and there's a lot going on, but maybe change up some of the specifics of the market-- who is there selling what and what Rama and Lakshamana stop to do and see for the remainder of the day.

I love the idea of Rama and Sita meeting in a garden the following day, so I may keep that aspect of the story but change up the scenery a little bit. I think maybe from here I may change the plot a little bit, but keep the ending pretty similar. I think one of the key aspects of making it more modern is changing the dialogue a little bit so I'll definitely do that, while keeping the same idea.

Bibliography:
"Sita" 


Comments

Popular Posts